Father Pulls Son From Burning Oceanside Home - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Father Pulls Son From Burning Oceanside Home

Posted: Updated:

A boy and his father are recovering at UCSD Medical Center this morning after their Oceanside home caught on fire just before 5:30 p.m. Tuesday night.

Firefighters say the 4-year-old boy found a cigarette lighter and accidentally started the blaze at the home on the 4300 block of Apache Street. His father rushed in to the burning music room and saved his son. Both father and son escaped with burns.

The child's grandmother happens to be a fire safety volunteer with her church and kept a fire extinguisher in the garage, so family members were about to quickly put out the fire and rescue the boy.

Firefighters suggest all homeowners keep a fire extinguisher on each floor of their homes and garage.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.