SAN DIEGO COUNTY, Calif. — The U.S. Postal Service will conduct a one-day job fair for mail carriers and clerks at 19 post offices across San Diego County from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 16.
The available postal positions offer starting pay from $18.92 to $19.12 an hour.
“As outlined in our USPS Delivering for America plan, we’re modernizing and continually adapting to the changing needs of our customers,” said USPS San Diego Human Resources Manager Carol Capone. “In order to do that, we need motivated, dedicated people to join us to deliver for our local communities and our nation.
USPS says there’s never been a better time to join the Postal Service.
"Throughout the COVID pandemic, our employees have played essential roles in their communities. When people have been confined to their homes, when stores and supermarkets have experienced shortages or been shut down, we delivered medicines to house-bound seniors, household supplies to those unable to shop at stores, and COVID tests to anyone who needed them," Capone said.
The 19 postal facilities that will host job fairs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Aug. 16 are:
- Chula Vista
- Downtown San Diego
- El Cajon
- La Jolla
- La Mesa
- Linda Vista
- Pacific Beach
- Pala Vista
- Rancho Bernardo
- San Marcos
USPS personnel will be onsite at the above job fairs to answer questions, assist potential applicants and provide detailed information about available positions.
USPS employment requirements include the following:
- Must be 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment.
- Must be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. Territory.
- Must provide recent employment history.
- Must have a safe driving record (if applicable to the position).
Those unable to attend the job fairs can apply online here.