SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A man was displaced Sunday after his College Area home caught fire just before midnight, causing an estimated $500,000 damage.

The fire was caused by an electrical shortage in the two-story home about 11:53 p.m. on Mohawk Street near 72nd Street, a San Diego Fire Rescue Department dispatcher said.

The accidental blaze caused an estimated $400,000 of property damage and $100,000 of damage to items inside, and was extinguished by 12:35 a.m., the dispatcher said. No one was hurt.