DEL MAR (NEWS/CNS) - Firefighters extinguished a two-alarm fire that broke out Monday morning at a two-story house in Del Mar.

Dispatchers received a call shortly before 5 a.m. from a person reporting a fire at a residence in the 100 block of 27th Street, according to Lt. Dave Perkins of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Deputies responded to the scene and evacuated an elderly man in a wheelchair who was on the first floor as well as an elderly woman who was on the second floor, Perkins said.

Firefighters broke through the roof to access flames in the home's attic as they battled the blaze.

No one was injured according to authorities, however they said the home was unlivable following the fire until some necessary repairs are made. 

Officials said the fire appeared to have started in the fireplace which was left on overnight. 

Footage from Chopper 8 shows crews working on the blaze Monday morning.