1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
Gluten-free baguette or 2 gluten-free sub rolls, sliced
3 vine-ripe tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoons basil leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
½ pound dairy-free mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Simmer balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Mix the tomatoes, onion, basil and pepper in a bowl.
5. When the bread is done cooking, assemble by putting cheese on first, followed by one tablespoon of the vegetable mix. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar sauce over the bread slices. Serve immediately.