SAN DIEGO — As a result of numbers trending in the right direction, San Diego County Board of Supervisors Chairman Greg Cox said passive recreation, like sitting and sunbathing, will be allowed at county beaches beginning Tuesday.
However, County health officials are reminding residents they must maintain physical distancing or wear a face covering when close to others and must remain with members of their own household.
Here's what's allowed:
Only passive activities will be allowed on the beach:
- People can bring their own chairs and towels
- People can sunbathe
- People can sit on the beach
Here's what's not allowed:
- No gatherings or sports such as football and volleyball will be permitted
- Beach parking lots and piers remain closed
- Reopening of boardwalks is up to each coastal city
While these new activities are now allowed, it’s up to individual beach jurisdictions to determine if they want to proceed with the new guidance and how they’re going to enforce it.