SAN DIEGO — San Diego Health officials have been urging everyone to get vaccinated for the flu as the number of cases continues to rise.
The virus is extremely contagious and can be spread in a variety of ways.
- Here are some tips on how to stop the spread throughout your home.
- Washing hands is key. You should wash them for 20 seconds for it to be effective.
- Disinfect every surface and items that are used offten and shared with bleach or antibacterial (ie remotes, ipads and door knobs)
- Separate tooth brushes in shared holders to avoid them touching.
- Change and wash bedding, pillow cases and clothes after being sick to clean the germs
- Get vaccinated