UPDATE as of Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 5:55 p.m.
SAN DIEGO (NEWS 8) — The San Diego County Office of Education and local school districts monitored fire, winds, and utilities throughout the weekend with several announcing Monday school and district closures on Sunday.
Due to the dangerous conditions created by the Lilac Fire near Fallbrook, several schools will suspend classes on Monday.
The following school districts have confirmed they will be closed on Monday, Dec. 11, 2017:
- Bonsall Unified School District
- Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
- Fallbrook Union High School District
- Mountain Empire Unified School District
- St. Peter the Apostle (Catholic school)
- Spencer Valley School District
- Valley Center Pauma Unified
Districts and schools that were closed on Dec. 8 but will be open on Dec. 11 include:
- Bella Mente Montessori Academy (charter school)
- Carlsbad Unified School District
- Classical Academy and Classical Academy High School (charter schools)
- Coastal Academy (charter school)
- CSU San Marcos
- Epiphany Prep: Escondido campus (charter school)
- Escondido Charter High School (Charter school)
- Guajome Park Academy (charter school
- Julian Union Elementary School District
- Momentum Learning juvenile court and community schools (operated by SDCOE: Youth Day Center, Breaking Cycles North County, Innovations Academy of Empowerment, North County Technology Academy
- North County Academy (SDCOE-operated school)
- North County Trade Tech High School (charter school)
- Oceanside Unified School District
- San Marcos Unified School District
- Scholarship Prep (charter school)
- Vista Unified School District
- Warner Unified School District
SDCOE will continue to update this page with information about any additional announcements from districts and schools.
On Thursday, Bonsall Unified successfully evacuated Bonsall Elementary, Sullivan Middle, and Bonsall High schools due to mandatory evacuation notices issued for the Lilac Fire.