SAN DIEGO — Three people were transported to the hospital Wednesday from a home in Tierrasanta where a 21-month-old died earlier this week, according to San Diego police. The child's mother, Pricilla Harris, along with a male and female described as the mother's cousin and the cousin's boyfriend were transported to the hospital after San Diego Fire-Rescue Department personnel were dispatched to the home. 

Harris’s cousin and the cousin’s boyfriend were found unconscious from a drug overdose at the home in the 10300 block of Leary Street after Harris called for help around 10:15 a.m. The boyfriend had also been bitten on his ear by the family dog. The animal was taken from the scene by the Humane Society. 

The cousin and boyfriend were transported to a hospital and were listed in critical condition. The mother of the deceased girl was sent to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. 

Court documents indicate that the toddler who died was 21-month-old Scarlett Harris. Her mother Pricilla recently filed for divorce from husband Brandon Harris on July 26 after less than two years of marriage.

A court-ordered family resolution conference was scheduled for Dec. 24 of this year, according to court documents. 

RELATED: Investigation underway after toddler is found dead in Tierrasanta car

On Monday afternoon, police were called to the home after Pricilla Harris reported to 911 that she had just awoken up from a nap and could not locate her daughter. Her call disconnected and she called back saying she had found the child in her car unresponsive, SDPD media-services Officer Billy
Hernandez said.

Medics went to the home and tried in vain to revive the girl before pronouncing her dead at the scene, Hernandez said.

Police were investigating Scarlett Harris's death and confirmed that child abuse detectives were on scene Monday evening. 

After seven hours of investigating, the car was towed away and the mother was driven away from the scene in the backseat of a police car, but she was not in handcuffs.

Flowers for the little girl have been left in the front yard of the home. 

The case remains under investigation.

Editor's note: Court documents indicate that the child who died was 21 months old, not 2 years old as previously reported. This story has been updated to reflect her correct age.