SAN DIEGO — The mother and father of a Logan Heights family died following an early morning fire that broke out Sunday, according to a GoFundMe page posted by loved ones.
The fire was reported at a home in the 3100 block of Clay Avenue with people trapped inside at 4:24 a.m. Sunday and was knocked down by about 4:52 a.m.
One of the victims - identified in the GoFundMe page as Jose A. Romero - was pronounced dead at the scene and at least four others were transported to UC San Diego Burn Center.
The fundraising page set up by family indicated that another member of the family, Nico Mayo, was declared dead at the hospital. The page states that the couple's three children remain hospitalized in critical condition.
Money raised by the GoFundMe page will go to the funeral expenses for the couple.