SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - Three people are being helped by the Red Cross Friday morning, after a fire broke out in an upstairs bedroom of their home in Oceanside.
It happened Thursday night on Milano Way in the Rancho del Oro neighborhood.
Firefighters say the occupants did the right thing, by getting out quickly.
"The only reason they knew about the fire is because the smoke detectors activated," Batt. Chief Pete Lawrence said.
The fire was confined to one area in the home with the worst of the damage upstairs.
Total damage is estimated at $150,000. No one was hurt.
The cause is listed as electrical.