The proposed measures call for:
- Watering lawns and landscaping only between 6 p.m. and 10 a.m.
- Watering only three times a week from June through October.
- Assigning homeowners "watering days," with odd-numbered addresses scheduled for Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday; even-numbered addresses scheduled for Saturday, Monday and Wednesday; and apartments, condominiums and businesses scheduled for Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Limiting lawn sprinklers to 10 minutes.
- Restricting home car washing to between 6 p.m. and 10 a.m., preferably using a hose with a shut-off nozzle.