ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Tom Brady knows a thing or two about winning championships, and he’s hoping for the Tampa Bay Rays to capture one.
On Tuesday, ahead of World Series Game 1, the Buccaneers’ quarterback tweeted his support for the Rays as they prepared to take on the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 1 of the World Series.
His tweet was accompanied by a video narrated by Brady that later aired on Fox’s broadcast ahead of the game.
“Tonight, two pennant winners step inside the lines to decide one champion,” he says at one point during the video.
Brady has six Super Bowls under his belt and was signed with Tampa Bay in the offseason. He’s currently on his own quest for a championship as the Bucs lead the NFC South with a record of 4-2.
The Rays, meanwhile, are going after their first World Series in franchise history.
What other people are reading right now:
- Percent positive jumps to more than 6 percent as Florida adds 3,662 COVID-19 cases
- Watch parties: How to celebrate the Rays across Tampa Bay
- Here's the full 2020 World Series schedule
- Gov. DeSantis says any future school closures are 'off the table'
- Polls suggest Biden, Trump neck and neck in Florida
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter