2022 California Primary Election Results
California’s 2022 primary election is being held June 7, 2022. Candidates are vying for nominations for California Governor, California Attorney General, and U.S. Senator, along with other statewide races.
Several key races in San Diego County include races for San Diego County Sheriff and a seat on the Board of Supervisors District 4, currently held by Board Chair, Nathan Fletcher. San Diego City Council will have multiple district races on the ballot. City of Chula Vista voters will select a new mayor and multiple district seats on the City Council.
Ballots were mailed out in May. On election day, polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Voters must be in line by 8 p.m. to cast their vote.
Results updated every 2 minutes or less (some races may update less frequently).
CHULA VISTA MAYORPrecincts: 0 / 0 (0% reporting)
CA State Assembly District 80 (FULL)Precincts: 282 / 301 (94% reporting)
CA State Assembly District 80 (Partial)Precincts: 0 / 0 (0% reporting)
SD COUNTY SHERIFFPrecincts: 0 / 0 (0% reporting)
CA GovernorPrecincts: 20,850 / 21,734 (96% reporting)
- Martinez, Hemmerling advancing to runoff in San Diego County Sheriff's race
- McCann, likely Campa-Najjar move toward runoff in Chula Vista mayoral race
- Voters vote twice to fill CA Assembly District 80 for partial term, next full term
- Nathan Fletcher, Amy Reichert to square off in San Diego County Supervisor runoff
- San Diego City Council incumbents move on to November runoff election