2021 California Recall Election Results
On Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021, California will vote and decide if Gavin Newsom should remain as the Governor of California or if he should be replaced. Eligible voters will be asked two questions: Do you want to recall Newsom, yes or no? And, if more than 50% of voters say “yes,” who should replace him? The California secretary of state certified on July 1 that recall supporters submitted 1,719,900 valid signatures which was more than enough to trigger a recall election. Learn more about this election by clicking here.
Results updated every 2 minutes or less (some races may update less frequently).
Recall Governor NewsomPrecincts: 18,185 / 18,422 (99% reporting)
Replacement CandidatesPrecincts: 18,185 / 18,422 (99% reporting)
More Election Headlines
- Recall election effort fails in California, Newsom to stay in office
- UC San Diego survey finds majority of voters support reform of recall process
- And the winner in the California recall is? None of the above
- Lessons learned for Republican candidates in recall election
- A closer look at how San Diegans voted in recall election