- Government shutdown averted with little time to spare as Biden signs funding before midnight
- McCarthy's last-ditched effort to avoid government shutdown collapses as Republicans defect
- California Gov. Newsom will pick Feinstein’s replacement. He pledged in past to choose a Black woman
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein dies at age 90
- Who will replace Dianne Feinstein in the Senate?
- Biden offers dire warnings about Trump, accuses mainstream GOP of 'deafening' silence
- Republican candidates attack each other and go after Trump in second presidential debate
- Soldier who ran across border to North Korea back in US custody
- House Speaker McCarthy is back to square one as the Senate pushes ahead to avert a federal shutdown
- Sen. Bob Menendez pleads not guilty to pocketing bribes in a wide-ranging corruption case
- Gov. Newsom signs law raising taxes on guns and ammunition
- California State Superintendent Tony Thurmond running for governor
- Congress says its wants to avoid a shutdown. But the House and Senate are moving even further apart.
- Biden visits UAW picket line, tells union to 'stick with it'