SAN DIEGO — Below are the links mentioned recently on CBS 8 and The CW San Diego that can provide help for our community or ways that you can help others in our community. Check the most recent local news stories page if you do not see the link you are looking for.
Casa Familiar | Here's a link to donate to the help center assisting migrants at the border.
Blissful Seeds | Planting seeds of blissful gives for adults with autism and other disabilities
Gun Violence Prevention Summit | Here's where you can sign up to attend the Gun Violence Prevention Summit
Battery Disposal | Here's where you can properly dispose or recycle batteries in San Diego
Water Rate Increase | Here's info on Tuesday's public hearing on San Diego's potential water rate hike
Get It Done | Here's how to report a pothole to the City of San Diego
San Diego father takes first steps after multiple amputations | Former UCLA track athlete, Andru Clarke, is back on his feet and hoping for support with his medical bills.
San Diego County Registrar of Voters: Details on how to vote in the District 4 Special Election
Veterans Beer Club: Group that helps veterans transitioning service members find opportunities and jobs
Pandemic EBT Benefits: See if you are eligible and claim benefits.
Project Heartbeat: San Diego Fire & Rescue video on what to do in a cardiac emergency
San Diego Rescue Mission's Every Heart Campaign will expand homeless services and provide help to individuals in crisis throughout San Diego County.
San Diego Library Foundation: Campaign to restock libraries Pride displays after two patrons checked out LGBTQ+ books without the intention of returning them. Write "PRIDEBOOKS" in the comment section when donating.
Help Bernard Hill get a new trombone-Homeless man captured in the popular photo had his trombone stolen #LetBernardPlay
A Veteran Needs Help Getting a Mobility Van - Zevely Zone
Owner Alert: San Diego County Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk website that offers a free email notification service to help stop real estate fraud, such as home title monitoring.
Resources for food insecurity:
Harm reduction kits / County Crisis Hotline- (888) 724-7240
Protect San Diego Kids - For help for you or someone you love, call 800-344-6000 to reach caring, trained staff who can help.
Know Before You Go- Traveling across the border
Call2Recycle | Designated battery recycling drop-off locations
IIHS's Guide to Safe Cars for Teens The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety lists recommended safe, reliable, and affordable cars for new drivers.
California Middle-Class Tax Refund Payments
- California will provide a one-time payment to qualified recipients.
- Who qualifies, and how much is the refund?
Blood centers have a high need for donations:
Resources for financial rent assistance
- ACCE San Diego- Helps tenants who are suffering injustices with their landlords
- Housing help of San Diego - Helps by offering a rent relief program. Assistance is being administered through different programs depending on where you reside.
- United Way of San Diego - Looking for help with basic needs, like food, housing, and healthcare? Contact 2-1-1 San Diego.
- An international team that conserves coastal and marine ecosystems and addresses climate change through natural solutions.
- Provides early warning before an earthquake and lets you plan for the unexpected.
Build a School Foundation: A nonprofit that provides educational opportunities for poor children of the world by funding classroom constructions, school-related infrastructures, teaching and learning equipment, “need-based” scholarships, and basic healthcare needs.
- Interactive Map to search for the lowest prices
- Tips on how to create a WaterSmart home and garden
California Highway Patrol Special Investigations Unit
- If you witnessed a freeway road rage incident, or have any information that could help, contact CHP Special Investigations Unit at (858) 293-6000.
- Local educational agencies (LEAs) must ensure that children and youth experiencing homelessness are able to participate fully in school activities and that barriers to identification, enrollment, and retention in school are identified and removed.
- Here in California, the official number of homeless students has dropped dramatically since the pandemic began: a trend that has homeless advocates greatly concerned.
- "STEP builds financial self-sufficiency among junior active duty enlisted members, recently discharged enlisted Veterans, and their families facing financial crisis through counseling, education, and grants."
- Donate your old tech to Computer 2 Kids
- A San Diego teenager's non-profit organization grew up, but so did he. The teen needs your help continuing a legacy of giving when he heads off to college.
- Founded in 2008, the mission of the Good Neighbor Project is to offer hands-on education, employment support, and other events and activities that build life skills and improve the quality of life for inner-city youth and families in communities in and around the Bay of San Diego.
- A map that guides you to the only 21 lesbian bars in the U.S.
Business Complaints: Ways you can formally file a complaint against a business:
- NBCCEDP provides breast and cervical cancer screenings and diagnostic services to low-income, uninsured, and underinsured women across the United States.
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Rady Children’s understands the importance of mental health as a crucial part of the health of the whole child.
- The system strives to ensure that County residents have access to quality service and support
- How to help survivors of relationship and sexual violence
- Help keep your community clean! Adopt-A-Highway needs your help to bring it to the next generation of Californians.