SAN DIEGO — Below are the links mentioned recently on CBS 8 and The CW San Diego that can provide help for our community or ways that you can help others in our community. Check the most recent local news stories page if you do not see the link you are looking for.
'Hunker down': Winter storm batters San Diego with torrential rain, snow, and blustery winds | Resource information
Resources for food insecurity:
San Diego House Rabbit Society: February is adopt a rescue rabbit month
Harm reduction kits / County Crisis Hotline- (888) 724-7240
Protect San Diego Kids - For help for you or someone you love, call 800-344-6000 to reach caring, trained staff who can help.
Know Before You Go- Traveling across the border
Call2Recycle | Designated battery recycling drop-off locations
California Middle-Class Tax Refund Payments
- California will provide a one-time payment to qualified recipients.
- Who qualifies, and how much is the refund?
Paying my water bills: Eligibility for Low Income Household Water Assistance Program services can vary depending on income, water system participation, place of residence, and other factors.
Blood centers have a high need for donations:
Resources for financial rent assistance
- ACCE San Diego- Helps tenants who are suffering injustices with their landlords
- Housing help of San Diego - Helps by offering a rent relief program. Assistance is being administered through different programs depending on where you reside.
- United Way of San Diego - Looking for help with basic needs, like food, housing, and healthcare? Contact 2-1-1 San Diego.
- An international team that conserves coastal and marine ecosystems and addresses climate change through natural solutions.
- Provides early warning before an earthquake and lets you plan for the unexpected.
Build a School Foundation: A nonprofit that provides educational opportunities for poor children of the world by funding classroom constructions, school-related infrastructures, teaching and learning equipment, “need-based” scholarships and basic healthcare needs.
- Interactive Map to search for the lowest prices
California Highway Patrol Special Investigations Unit
- If you witnessed a freeway road rage incident, or have any information that could help, contact CHP Special Investigations Unit at (858) 293-6000.
- Local educational agencies (LEAs) must insure that children and youth experiencing homelessness are able to participate fully in school activities, and that barriers to identification, enrollment, and retention in school are identified and removed.
- Here in California, the official number of homeless students has dropped dramatically since the pandemic began: a trend that has homeless advocates greatly concerned.
- "STEP builds financial self-sufficiency among junior active duty enlisted members, recently discharged enlisted Veterans and their families facing financial crisis through counseling, education, and grants."
- Donate your old tech to Computer 2 Kids
- A San Diego teenager's non-profit organization grew up, but so did he. The teen needs your help continuing a legacy of giving when he heads off to college.
- Founded in 2008, the mission of Good Neighbor Project is to offer hands-on education, employment support, and other events and activities that build life skills and improve the quality of life for inner-city youth and families in communities in and around the bay of San Diego.
- A map that guides you to the only 21 lesbian bars in the U.S.
Business Complaints: Ways you can formally file a complaint against a business:
- NBCCEDP provides breast and cervical cancer screenings and diagnostic services to low-income, uninsured, and underinsured women across the United States.
National Domestic Violence hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Additional national resources and a chat online feature
- San Diego resources and phone numbers can be found here
- Rady Children’s understands the importance of mental health as a crucial part of the health of the whole child.
- The system strives to ensure that County residents have access to quality service and support
- How to help survivors of relationship and sexual violence
- Help keep your community clean! Adopt-A-Highway needs your help to bring it to the next generation of Californians.