SAN DIEGO — Listen, I don't like hearing this phrase any more than you do...but let's face it, "The New Normal is Now" and I'm not complaining about it!
The Gaslamp Quarter "The New Normal is Now" Campaign is underway...(you guessed it) right now!
After a year and several waves of quarantine, The Gaslamp is welcoming everyone back with new events and deals.
The businesses in the Gaslamp are expanding open-air dining, trying to make parking easier (or so they say!), offering Taco Tuesday deals at most restaurants along with the Gaslamp Promenade.
Here are some things "The New Normal is Now" Campaign promises to San Diegans and all visitors:
- 4th of July Laser Show + Giant Silent Disco - Celebrate this 4th of July on the 3rd of July in the Gaslamp Quarter as it prepares to give you the most unforgettable night of your life with a dynamic custom laser show at 9:30 PM and a multi-block Silent Disco party from 6 PM to Midnight! Do not forget your funky pants, because you are sure to be getting down to all your favorite beats all night long
- Weekly Taco Tuesday - Tuesdays are for tacos…and tequila, and tamales, and more! Whether you like it spicy, medium, or mild, visit the Gaslamp Quarter every Tuesdays for special offerings on all of your favorite flavors from top restaurants and bars
- Weekly Wagyu Wednesday - Steaks and burgers go fancy! Guests can dine on trendy wagyu offerings of local restaurants at a discounted price every Wednesday in the Gaslamp
- Weekly Throwback Thursdays - Beginning July 10th, Thursdays toss you back to the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 00’s with dedicated decade parties from 5 PM to 9 PM complete with a genre DJ and emcee providing a soundtrack for the roller-skating sessions along 5th Avenue between J & K. Come on down to show off your skills and enjoy Happy Hour until 8 PM! Themed freebies and full Gaslamp dress-up can be expected
- Weekly Yoga and Fitness Classes - Starting late Spring, local gyms, studios, and trainers will host classes Saturday mornings from 9 AM to 1 PM under the Gaslamp Arch so you can clear your mind and live a healthy lifestyle
- Weekly Gaslamp Silent Disco. From July through September on Friday and Saturday (7 PM to 11 PM) dance to your heart’s desire with the Gaslamp Disco! Sanitized Silent disco headsets will be available starting at just $25
- Monthly Movie Night - One Sunday night per month this Summer, the Gaslamp will be showing an all-ages movie affair under the iconic Gaslamp Arch. On Sunday, July 25th and Sunday, August 29th from 7 PM to 10 PM, bring the entire family for a delectable Gaslamp dinner and enjoy a movie under the stars
For more information on Saltwater, click here.
Want to see more Out and About segments? Check out the Youtube playlist below