SAN DIEGO — I like to bring this to any Pot-Luck gathering and keep my olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a Mason jar so I can shake it up and dress the salad just before it's served. Don't forget the baguette!
- 1 lb. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, multi-colored sliced in half
- 3 stems Fresh Basil, coarse chop
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher salt, 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Black Pepper fresh ground to taste
I like to use the pre-sliced fresh Mozzarella, it doesn't cost any more and it's easier to work with in this recipe. Combine all the ingredients from the recipe just before you're ready to serve. Iif you add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar too early the acid will start to break down the tomatoes. There will be extra oil and vinegar, spread it among the portions and serve with a baguette for dipping.
WATCH RELATED: Cooking with Styles: Corn Caprese Salad